November 7 Election Results for Lancaster Stands Up Member-Endorsed Candidates
Progressives across the country won big in the November 7, 2017 election. Here in Lancaster, we saw unprecedented outcomes. After decisive electoral victories in Lancaster City and Manheim Township, here’s what Charlie Mahtesian, Senior Political Editor of POLITICO had to say about our prospects in 2018:
"Lancaster County! Time to downgrade PA-16 from likely GOP to lean. Control of the US House is going to be decided in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern California."
Last night’s strong showing was only possible because everyday people like us have been stepping up in a big way. We decided that the stakes are too high to leave politics to someone else. Lancaster Stands Up volunteers helped to knock doors, register voters, and make calls to get out the vote for these candidates.
--This Saturday, November 11: Come to Lancaster Stands Up's one-year anniversary town hall meeting to dig into our plan to win in 2018--
Twenty-three candidates endorsed by Lancaster Stands Up members won in the November 7, 2017 election. Eleven lost. Here's a breakdown of the results for LSU-member-endorsed candidates.
These LSU-Endorsed Candidates won their races:
- Lancaster City Mayor: Danene Sorace (D)
- Lancaster School Board: Salina Almanzar (D), Mara Creswell McGrann (D), David Parry (D), Harvey S. Miller (D)
- Lancaster Magisterial District Judge 02-2-01: Jodie Richardson (D)
- Manheim Township School Board: Nikki Rivera (D), John R. Smith (D), Joyce Stephens (D), Curtis Holgate (D), Janet Carroll (D), JoAnn Hentz (D)
- Millersville: Borough Council: Dianne Bates (D)
- Judge of Commonwealth Court: Ellen Ceisler (D)
These LSU-Endorsed Candidates lost their races:
- Judge of Supreme Court: Dwayne Woodruff (D)
- Judge of Superior Court: Geoff Moulton (D)
- Judge of Commonwealth Court: Irene M. Clark (D)
- Sheriff: Chris Genetti (D)
- Manheim Township Commissioner: Bill Ziegler (D)